Current Tenant Questions

When do I contact my property manager?

Property Managers should generally only be involved with major renovations and as a liaison between the property owner and the building. If you experience a problem, have a service request or have any questions, please email  or call Tom Davis at 202-237-8488. You should never need to contact your property manager unless there is a problem that remains unresolved.

When can I call the main office?

We are open 9am - 4pm, Monday through Friday. We have staff on call for emergencies outside of normal business hours.

Where can I find the Notice to Vacate?

The Notice to Vacate form can be found on our website or can be emailed to you if you email and request a move out form.

How do I give a 30-day notice to vacate?

You can also email and we will email you form.  Notices to vacate must be in writing no less than 30 days in advance. Said notice is to be in the Office by the first day of the month.  Such notice is to expire on the last day of the final rent paying period.  If the notice is improper, the tenant will be financially responsible for any and all rent and late fees which may be due in accordance with the terms of the lease.

Where do I turn in my keys?

You will be able to hand your keys to the Property Manager upon final walk through or you can return the keys to the office at 3333 Connecticut Avenue NW, after you are done moving out.

Will there be a walk through inspection?

Yes, you will need to contact one of our Service Coordinators to schedule a walk through and move out with your Property Manager.

What is the process for receiving my security deposit refund?

After your walk through, move out and returning your keys, the Property Manager will process paperwork to issue your deposit back. Any unpaid, unresolved charges and any charges for damage to the apartment will be deducted from the security deposit.  The Security Deposit shall be refunded in accordance with the State or District’s laws.

What do I do if I need to terminate my lease early and what are the fees?

If you terminate your lease before the end of the lease, you could be held responsible for the balance of the lease.  If you are able to find a willing and able “replacement” that is approved by the Thos. D. Walsh Office, you would only be responsible  up until the new lease is signed by the “replacement” tenant.  There is a $150.00 charge for any early termination or transfers of the lease.

Can I have my name removed from the lease if I move out and my roommate decides to stay?

If your roommate is on the lease, this is fine and we will remove your name from the lease. If your roommate is not on the lease, they will have to move out and or sign a new lease. Roommates and other occupants that are not on the lease cannot stay and continue to lease under a previous tenant’s name. If two roommates are on the lease and one moves out and another (new) roommate comes to live at the apartment, that new resident is not a tenant and will not sign a lease with the existing tenant/roommate. Only spouses and domestic partners can be added to a lease.